Car wash in winter — should you wash the car more often , as little as possible, or not wash it at all? There are many opinions on the correct winter car care like mobile car wash for sale. Some people think that washing in winter is better only in automatic car washes. Someone, on the contrary, thinks that it is better to wash the car yourself in conventional car washes by hand. Some motorists believe that it is impossible to wash a car in winter since by washing it in winter, you are risking damaging the body paintwork. Who is right?
You will find out how often you should wash your car with the Fortador , when and where to wash it, as well as find answers to other questions that motorists often have in winter.
Winter car wash rules
Washing the car with a mobile car wash for sale in winter is mandatory. The main thing is to wash the car correctly. It is necessary to pay attention not only to wash it from the outside, but also to high-quality cleaning of the interior.
- The temperature difference should be less than 20 degrees. Mobile car wash specialists do not recommend washing the car yourself when it is less than 10 degrees outside. If a mud layer has frozen on the car, such washing will have the effect of sandpaper — the dirt will scratch the car body.
- You also should not wash the car with hot water, since the temperature difference of more than 20 degrees contributes to the formation of microcracks on the paint and varnish surfaces.
- The only recommended way to wash a car at low temperatures is a closed-type stationary mobile car wash equipment with a warm box and a high-pressure apparatus. After entering the box, it is advisable to give the car time to warm up. After that, the car body is moistened and treated with powerful jets of water.
- Close all windows and sunroof. Lock the fuel tank cap. Turn off the wipers. Be careful, as many vehicles have a rain sensor and the wiper blades may turn on unexpectedly while driving inside a car wash.
- Pour several buckets of water over the car wash mobile for sale, letting the dirt get a little wet. Start washing from top to bottom, the sponge will remain clean as long as possible, besides, the water flowing down from above will additionally wash away the dirt.
- Use special car shampoos that can remove dirt efficiently. Never use synthetic-based powders, they contain an alkali in their composition, which will lead to oxidation.
- Drying after washing is an important point. It is extremely important to thoroughly dry the car, blow out the locks, hinges, and door openings with compressed air, don’t forget about the gas tank cap.
- Water may stay even after wiping and drying, droplets may remain on the plastic, rubber seals, in the keyhole. After the car wash van, the rubber seals should be wiped and greased with silicone grease.